feature request : caption for masks

Moderator: jsachs

pierrelabreche
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon Z8

feature request : caption for masks

Post by pierrelabreche »

It would be convenient to let the user define a caption for masks, displayed whenever a mask is used in a transformation.
In particular in the Mask transformation, and in all transformations whenever a mask with a caption is reused and remains unmodified.
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: feature request : caption for masks

Post by tomczak »

One workaround of sorts in the quest to figure out which mask is which is to create masks within the Masks transformation and reference them by numbers in the Masks comments.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
pierrelabreche
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon Z8

Post by pierrelabreche »

I had in mind meaningful names such as foreground, main object, sky, water etc.
It is possible to create captions for transformations. A cumbersome work-around would be to copy the masks to another transform, and to create a caption for the mask copy.
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Post by Marpel »

Not sure if this is the same as being discussed, but I had issues keeping track of multiple (upwards of 15 to 20 for a particular project) masks using the Masks Transform, then took the extra step(s) of saving each mask, with a meaningful name, as an image file. The working image and masks would be placed into their own folder, from which they would be available when needed. May not work for you as I suspect you are talking about an operation in which there are multiple steps to an open thread.

Along the same lines, I also found it confusing when I would develop multiple variations of a Transform, save all the variations (with distinguishing names of the particular settings) and not know which was which as the header only shows that the image has been saved but does not give the name in the image header. A topic I was intending on questioning in it's own post.