Warning Window interrupts iTunes

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Warning Window interrupts iTunes

Post by Robert Schleif »

While running iTunes (playing a music file) and in PWP I do a Save As and I select a previously saved file name, first I get an Overwrite Warning window. If I click on the image (outside the warning window), iTunes stops playing and must be restarted. If instead I kill the window by clicking on the X in the upper right the saving process continues OK for a few steps until an Error window appears, whose appearance immediately stops iTunes.
jsachs

Re: Warning Window interrupts iTunes

Post by jsachs »

My guess is that what is happening is that when you click outside a modal dialog box (such as the overwrite warning), windows makes a warning sound and this is somehow interfering with iTunes. This sounds like a bug in either Windows or iTunes or both. Maybe try the same thing with some other program and see if it still happens? The warning tone is coming from the Windows dialog manager so there is no way I could turn it off that I know of.

I don't use iTunes here but I tried your scenario using a different music player and it kept working when I clicked outside the modal dialog box.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color