"Save As" functionallity from PWP7

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

Winfried
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Pentax K1

"Save As" functionallity from PWP7

Post by Winfried »

I miss the "Save As" functionallity from PWP7.
With PWP8 "Save As" saves to the source directory of the image.
With PWP7 "Save As" saves to the last used directory for this command.
There is no pure "Save" in PWP8

Lets have a look at my workflow to point out why I consider this change request as valid:
- I shoot raw and keep the raws in dircetories below G: \archiv\ (year\month\day)
- the developed raws are written to some temp-directory, from where they are opened automatically in PWP8
(I use a small programm "Directory Monitor" for this task)
- I optimize the images in PWPx and save them to another directory G:\"finished images"

With PWP8 "Save As" allways tries to save to the source-directory, i.e. to the temp-directory. So I allways have to navigate back to
the directory where I want to keep the finished images.

Maybe it is possible to have again two save commands ("Save" and "Save As) as we have it with PWP7

Thanks
Winfried
-----
migrated to Windows 10 in Nov. 2019
PWP Pro 64
CUDA not available
jsachs

Re: "Save As" functionallity from PWP7

Post by jsachs »

I take your point -- I will figure out some way to let you choose to save in the last save location or in the folder the file originally came from. I am reluctant to use the name "File Save" for this as in other Windows programs this saves over the original file which, in the case of PWP 8, would violate the non-destructive editing design goal.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color