raw processing

Moderator: jsachs

Phile

raw processing

Post by Phile »

I am a newcomer to raw and am trying to get acquainted with it. I went into settings and loaded the camera ( Leica X1) and then tried a downloaded file I got from DPreview. It shows progress on doing operations and shows the file information, but I just get a black screen; will someone please point me in the right direction.
ksinkel

Re: raw processing

Post by ksinkel »

The Leica X1 is a very new model. However it apparently produces dng files which are supported. Can you please send me a sample file so that I can test it. If possible, set the camera to raw + jpg mode and send me both the raw and jpg files. You can send them to support @dl-c.com. Since the files are too large for e-mail, please use www.yousendit.com, a free file transfer service.

Thank you,

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
Phile

Post by Phile »

Thanks Kirk, I do not have the camera yet, I was just trying a downloaded file from DPReview's test of that camera. As soon as I get the camera, I will take you up on your offer.
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Raw Therapee produces black screen, too

Post by Charles2 »

I downloaded one of the those dPreview files, too; unZIPped it to L1090229.DNG -- and got a black screen.

I tried Raw Therapee; it produced a black screen, too.

I ran the file through Adobe DNG converter, getting a smaller DNG file. PWP and RT produced black screens again.

But dPreview forum posts talk about X1 DNG files, so the problem might be the early DNGs that dPreview posted in its preview of the camera.
Phile

Post by Phile »

Charles, Thanks a lot for the information. Probably just have to wait for my own files.
Phile

Post by Phile »

The Leica X1 raw file will open however, in Paint Shop Pro x and and also Photoshop elements 4.
Phile

Post by Phile »

Kiril, I tried to send the dpreview x1 file, but after loading the whole image, it stopped with a message that it had an internal error and couldn't send it on.
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

The Leica X1 is a very new camera and as this posting has reported is not supported in the current version of PWP.

However it is supported in the coming update, PWP 5.0.1.7. The new update will be released in the next few days.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color