PWP Manual

Moderator: jsachs

gcha

PWP Manual

Post by gcha »

Is there a way to view the manual for PWP 5.0 before trying/purchasing the software? Also, is a hard copy available for purchase, like was available for PWP 3.5?
My specific questions are in regards to importing from the CF card/reader, steps to naming and finding files, saving RAW files, and converting them. I am trying to work with the Sony Software for the a850. It seems very awkward, slow, and complicated for just importing, saving, and conversion. I would like to change over to PWP 5.0, from PWP 3.5, if there is an advantage.
Thanks,
Gary
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: PWP Manual

Post by Dieter Mayr »

The manual you can find here :
http://dl-c.com/content/view/24/53/
I did not find info on a hardcopy, but Jonathan or Kiril can tell you for sure.
You can download a 30 day trial version to test if there are advantages to your actual workflow.
http://dl-c.com/content/view/23/54/

I do not use PWP for file transfer, i do use a Norton commander style file manager, Total Commander to tansfer my files with a cardreader.
When shooting JPEGs i use a little tool (InProfile) to embed the correct profile into my files, sRGB for my "small" bridge camera and mostly AdobeRGB for my DSLR.
RAW conversion and almost all other editing is done in PWP.
Dieter Mayr
ksinkel

Re: PWP Manual

Post by ksinkel »

Gary,

You can use the workflow feature to transfer images from your camera card to your computer. The workflow lets you automatically sort images into folders named according to create date or other image metadata (folders are named usong wild cards -- there is a large selection) and to rename your images if you like as well as add copyright, photographer and comment data to EXIF. You can also resze them, convert them to jpeg and manipulate them in many other ways,

Workflow is described in Chapt 15 of the manual.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color