Bug fix release 29-Apr-2019

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Bug fix release 29-Apr-2019

Post by jsachs »

I have posted a new release (29-Apr-2019).

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Speck Removal: fixed problem of mode not being set correctly on startup.

All transformations: Canceling or closing any transformation dialog box now forces all subsequent images in the image tree to be recalculated in those cases where it is necessary.

Composite: fixed a couple of minor issues.

Script/Save Workspace Script: removed extraneous request to close all images before loading.

Trying out a new transformation called Blend – still a work in progress with no Help or manual yet. It is a simplified version of Composite that requires images to be the same dimensions and does not do alignment. All it does is combine images using a selectable Operation. It does add a few new Operation settings, and it also adds an exposure compensation slider for filter operations and a strength slider for subtract operations. It could potentially replace Filter and Difference at some point.

File Preferences: removed workspace color setting which was not being used.

Fixed problem causing “Error loading settings from last session” error on startup right after first installing PWP.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: Bug fix release 29-Apr-2019

Post by davidh »

File Preferences: removed workspace color setting which was not being used.

From the very beginning I have the border color set to middle gray. Now that the browser background color setting has been removed and fixed to middle gray, the whole of my workspace is uniformly middle gray with just thin black outlines around thumbnails, which I find smashingly neat and kind of comforting. What a nice surprise. Interesting.
I wonder why it never occured to me to try to set the browser backgroud color to the same gray as the border color while it was possible.
Or perhaps I did try but then forgot. :)
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

The browser background was set to dark gray before -- now it is middle gray, the same as all the dialog boxes. The workspace color was being ignored.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Now I have discovereed something that does not deserve a post of its own.
If the browser is wide enough to display the horizontal scroll bar and you move the browser dividing line to the left, some residue of the scroll bar stays visible in the preview window. It may get quite long and discontinuous as you move the dividing line repeatedly over the scroll bar.
Just a trifle but it spoils a bit the neatness of the workspace.
Attachments
Scroll bar residue.png
Scroll bar residue.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 1512 times