Color Management "Monitor Profile" Resets to Zeoro

Moderator: jsachs

JayF

Color Management "Monitor Profile" Resets to Zeoro

Post by JayF »

Hello:

I am running PWPro 5.0.1.8 in Win7.

The Color Management "Monitor Profile" setting resets to "Blank" (no setting selected), in the drop-down window, without my help. When I reset it to my monitor profile, sometimes it will remain for a (random) period of time, other times it will be reset almost immediately (i.e., I will select my monitor profile, close the Color Management window, save the settings and reopen the window immediately to find the Monitor Profile drop-down window blank).

I am using a Pantone Huey monitor calibrator - and am using the monitor profile generated by the calibration system. Switching the Huey "Room Lighting Compensation" from "on" to "off" does not seem to have any affect on this problem.

I sometimes don't notice the change while working in PWPro, however, when I open the image in any other program (eg., QImage printing program or Canon DPP), the problem is readily apparent and I have to go back into PWPro, reselect the profile and correct the image.

This happens when using both color engines (lcms and Windows Default) and it doesn't matter if the Gamut Alarm is on or off.

Both Canon DPP and Qimage are set to my Huey Monitor Profile (and it never changes).

Are any of you having a similar problem (or have you a solution for this problem)?

Cheers! Jay
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: Color Management "Monitor Profile" Resets to Zeoro

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Hello Jay

Can you send me your profile per email (I suppose it's too big for posting here)?
I run XP here so we could maybe circle in the problem.
Send it to dietersbg68(at)hotmail(dot)com .
Dieter Mayr
JayF

Post by JayF »

Thanks Dieter!

I sent it via email.

Cheers! Jay
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Post by MikeG »

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, PWP 5.0.1.8, and use a profile generated by a Pantone Huey. Adjust for ambient light option turned OFF.
I've never experienced the problem that you have described.
For what it's worth a screen grab of my Color Management settings is shown below.
Mike.
sized_Color Management(001).jpg
sized_Color Management(001).jpg (48.36 KiB) Viewed 6591 times
JayF

Post by JayF »

Thanks Mike.

Cheers! Jay
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Hello Jay

I recieved your email and tested the profile, I did not expierience any problems till now.
But you wrote, you had problems copying the file to mail, so maybe you might have some problems with the rights under Win7. As far i know it is much more restrictive as Win XP.
Maybe you can try to log in as Administrator to try if it changes something.
Dieter Mayr
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Post by MikeG »

Jay,
I vaguely remember having a problem with PWP that was finally resolved (at the suggestion of a forum member) by:
1. Uninstalling PWP
2. Downloading a fresh file from DL-C
3. Reinstalling using the fresh download.
Mike.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

This is from the old message board:

"I have a problem with PWP and Huey, caused perhaps by the fact that Huey rewrites its profile everytime it checks the room lighting. PWP doesn't always retain the monitor setting so every time I open PWP I check that box to be sure it is still set to "huey". The box for proofing profile leave on "none" for now."
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
JayF

Post by JayF »

Thanks for the assistance folks!

I'm still not sure what is going on with that Huey profile, but, I am certain the problem is not related to the Huey "Room Light Compensation" feature. Over an extended period of time, it made no difference if that feature was switched on or switched off.

I will try your suggestions and see what happens. For now, since I am in the middle of printing a small project, I am using Adobe RGB as my monitor profile...through trial and error, it seems to be similar to the Huey profile (as far as matching my monitor output to my printer output).

Thanks Again!

Cheers! Jay
minolta
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Sony Alpha a7R IIIA

Post by minolta »

I have the same problem as Jay with PW Pro keeping the profile created by Pantone's Huey Pro. I've been using the Huey Pro for at least three years and have gotten used to having to reselect the profile in the the Color Management Settings. I don't have this problem with Qimage or IMatch.
minolta
Carl R. Evans