Raw Conversion and Efficiency

Moderator: jsachs

cliff

Raw Conversion and Efficiency

Post by cliff »

If I open one of Nikon's NEF files and edit it, can I just save the workflow? It seems it would be more efficient - in terms of hard drive space - to just save the original raw file and the workflow rather than a 48 bit TIFF.

Thanks,
Cliff
Cliff Fiess Photography
http://www.cfphoto.com
ksinkel

Re: Raw Conversion and Efficiency

Post by ksinkel »

When you click OK to the raw dialog, the workflow you used is automatically saved as a sidecar file and the image is opened in PWP. (The sidecar file has the same name as the original raw image with the extension .wfl appended. It is saved in the same folder as the original image.) This will happen whether or not you save the resulting image.

If you do further editing to the image, you can update the workflow via the History tab. Right-click on the last operation you want to include and choose Save Workflow.

Kiil
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

When you click OK to the raw dialog, the workflow you used is automatically saved as a sidecar file and the image is opened in PWP. (The sidecar file has the same name as the original raw image with the extension .wfl appended. It is saved in the same folder as the original image.) This will happen whether or not you save the resulting image.

If you do further editing to the image, you can update the workflow via the History tab. Right-click on the last operation you want to include and choose Save Workflow.

Kiil
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
cliff

Post by cliff »

Thanks for the help. I think I understand.
Cliff
Cliff Fiess Photography
http://www.cfphoto.com