feather and gaussian blur nr of pixels

Moderator: jsachs

alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

feather and gaussian blur nr of pixels

Post by alain »

Hi

I see that the feather is limited to 64 pixels and the Gaussian blur to 128 (or something in that neighbourhood).

Is there a setting to increase those maximum values, I find those rather small nr's.

Alain
couman

Re: feather and gaussian blur nr of pixels

Post by couman »

For those rare occasions when I thought I needed more, I have:
  • 1. Downsized the raw mask
    2. Feathered to the percentage of the mask dimensions that I want
    3. Upsized the feathered mask to exactly its original size
Bob Coutant
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

For a Gaussian Blur greater than 128 and if you have PWP5... you could use the Mask Tool - Blur function which has a max radius of 1000 to create a large blurred image version by:
(1) Extract 3 channels of the original image [R,G,B or H,S,V or H,S,L];
(2) select an extracted channel image; open the Mask Tool - BrightnessCurve; 'lower-left' Apply - Add the default diagonal curve [0,0], [100,100]; 'lower-left' - Apply Blur = ____ ; and click OK. Repeat for the other two extracted channel images; and
(3) Combine Channels the three resulting Step(2) blurred mask images remembering to keep the channels appropriately ordered.

It might be possible to develop 'wfl' files for BobC's Feather workflow and the above suggested workflow but the need for large feathers/blurs for me is so rare that I did not investigate this possiblility...
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

After a bit more experimenting... for a Gaussian Blur one could use BobC's approach, i.e.... a scaled Gaussian Blur on a downsized image version, then upsize the blurred image to its original image dimensions... a bit easier then the previously suggested approach with the Mask Tool - Blur and Extracted channels... and a 'wfl' file can be easily developed.
alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

Post by alain »

Den

Thank you, I missed the blur function while making the mask, most of the time this will do perfectly.