Border Text

Moderator: jsachs

gcha

Border Text

Post by gcha »

I am having a problem with creating TEXT in the border area. I select the crop/border transform and add what i feel is enough room to add text. But it doesn't seem to work for me. I would like to add text to a border area of a 6X9 image printed on 8.5X 11 paper! also, how can I make it light gray? I suppose that when printing with Epson's advanced B&W with a tint, the text will also be tinted as well. I am using PWP 3.5.
Thanks,
Gary
Bob Walker
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon R5

Re: Border Text

Post by Bob Walker »

Gary,

Is this what you are trying to do?

The way to do this is a little more complicated than just using the Crop Transform. Create a new gray image with the "File -< New" menu selection, setting the pixel count to match an aspect ratio of 8.5 x 11 with the desired DPI. That is, 8.5x11 at 200 ppi is 2200x1700 pixels. Then take that blank gray image and perform a Composite Transform, overlaying the picture you want to use (a 6x9 aspect ratio at 200 DPI also) with a 1-point alignment option. If the picture you want to overlay has a different DPI value, you can use the Composite Transform with a 2-point shift/rotate/scale operation. You can then add text to the resulting image.

Alternatively, if you are going to do this many times, you probably want to set up a Layout Transform and then add text to the output of that.

Just a sketch of what to try -- is this clear enough??

Bob Walker
Attachments
6x9 inside 8.5x11 with text
6x9 inside 8.5x11 with text
American Crow (9904)-bordered.JPG (14.07 KiB) Viewed 2263 times