Warp widget and Scale Factor

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Warp widget and Scale Factor

Post by tomczak »

Can others check it:

Process a RAW file, then use Warp on the result. Reduce the Warp Scale Factor to <1. Save the file and associated workflow. If I open the RAW and 'apply the associated workflow' (i.e. RAW+Warp), the Warp part misbehaves. If the Scale Factor is left alone, Warp seems to work fine.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Re: Warp widget and Scale Factor

Post by MikeG »

Maciej,

I tried to reproduce the problem you've reported, but I'm not sure that I've understood your description of process correctly.

This sentence: "Save the file and associated workflow" is not clear to me.

Does this mean create a workflow that contains the RAW conversion and the warp transformation and save it? If not, please explain with more detail - if you still need confirmation from others.

Mike.
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Thanks Mike,

You don't need to built a workflow in a Workflow Window: I used history and saved it as a workflow. Here is what I've done:

- Open a RAW file in RAW dialog, OK
- Transformation/Geometry/Warp, contract to a smallish trapezoid by dragging corners, reduce Scale Factor liberally, OK
- Save As, Check the 'Save associated workflow' checkbox, Save --> Overwrite the existing workflow (this is a sidecar file that has been created when the RAW was processed - now the Warp widget is added to it).
- Window/Close All Windows
- Right Click on the same original RAW in Browse (not the just-saved processed file) ; choose 'Open Image and Apply Workflow' --> Apply Associated Workflow File
- Compare the just opened window with the file saved 3 steps ago - they should be the same, but they are not here.

But if the Warp is redone in History, Warp seems to remember the settings fine.

Cheers.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Thank you for the report. I will take a look at this and if there is a bug, fix it for the next update.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Post by MikeG »

Maciej,

Thanks for the explanation. I was able to follow the steps you described and confirm your finding.

The last sentence about the history window threw me. The history feature is one of those PWP features whose existence I'm aware of, but haven't yet got around to reading about. I now will!

Mike.