History and double RAW windows

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

History and double RAW windows

Post by tomczak »

Here is another esotheric recipe the confuses PWP and sometimes crashes it, but I don't have a consistent procedure for crashing. It's not much of a practical issue, but perhaps it may help in diagnosing related problems if they come about.

1) Make and save a workflow consisting of RAW and and some other widget (e.g. L&C), close all windows.

2) In Browse, Open and Apply selected workflow to another RAW file.

3) In History, Redo (L&C) Transformation --> RAW dialog opens, click OK --> second window with converted RAW opens; History reports two processed RAW windows: one just created, the other in the L&C chain, but not opened; L&C is not recone. Redoing L&C again doesn't work.

3a) Redo the first RAW transformation (i.e. the one in the L&C chain, unopened). --> RAW dialog opens, click OK, Replace current image/Run all the steps to the end; This sometimes, but not always, crashes PWP.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Re: History and double RAW windows

Post by MikeG »

Maciej,

Esoteric is right!

I note that you made no mention of a 'terminal widget' such as FileSave.
Assuming that this was not an oversight, I tried saving a worflow as you described. RAW, Levels & Color - and nothing else. I was a little surprised that it was possible to save the workflow, as it is not possible to run it. By not having a terminal widget, I wonder if you are 'stretching the bounds of the possilbe' a little too far?
A thought, only, as I certanly have no expertise to offer.

Mike.
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: History and double RAW windows

Post by tomczak »

Thanks Mike,

Just a note on the save widget at the end: while it's true that a workflow needs such a 'terminal' widget when executed in a Workflow Window, it is not required if the workflow is executed using history or file open; it can be still there, but PWP ignores it, I believe. The workflow format is common for all workflows and sidecars, that's probably why PWP doesn't check if the Save widget is there when saving the workflow from the Workflow Window.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com