An open dialog with no input image, reposted.

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

An open dialog with no input image, reposted.

Post by davidh »

Alpha 14-Apr.

I still see the problem with an open dialog posted before.
I thought it happened only in Gradient, but it seems to be a feature common to most if not all Transformations.
So I am posting it in a separate topic.

Open an image
1. start a Transformation (just start, leave the dialog open, do nothing with it at this step)
2. close the input image thumbnail using "Close the current image" -> you get:

no image (thumbnail) in the Browser
the dialog still open
the big output in the image area

3. Click OK in the dialog -> you get:
the big output closed
the "Error: Illegal input image type"

An open dialog with no input, or big output with no output thumbnail in the Browser make no sense.
jsachs

Re: An open dialog with no input image, reposted.

Post by jsachs »

I seem to need more information to reproduce this:

1) How are you opening the image ? I am using File Open

2) How are you closing the input thumbnail? I am clicking the x on the thumbnail in the image browser for the top level image opened by File Open.

If I do this, I do not get the option to Close the current image, only Close the current image and all the images that depend on it. If I select this, it works OK.

You must be doing something different.

Also please confirm that you are running 14-Apr from Help/About or the PWP title bar.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

1. File Open
2. the same: clicking the x on the thumbnail in the image browser for the top level image opened by File Open
I do get the all the three options Cancel, Close the current image, and Close the current image and all the images that depend on it.

Yes, I run Picture Window Pro Alpha 8.0 14-Apr.-2018

add 2.
I get the option "Close the current image" only when I use the x on the previewed output thumbnail in the image browser.

If I use the option "Close the current image and all the images that depend on it", it closes the both the input and output thumbnails, the big output, but still leaves the dialog open.
davidh

Post by davidh »

I have just tried to use Combine Channels. I did get only the two options to close the image that I should get.
However, if I close the input, the empty(white) output thumbnail remains in the browser together with the open dialog. Closing the empty output closes the dialog.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, I will shortly post a version of the exe file that displays some internal data when you try to close an image on the download page. If you copy this version to the folder where you installed PWP and run it (rename the old one first), please let me know what it displays when you click the x on the input image and this should help to localize the problem.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, I added a link at the bottom of the downloads page to the test version. Unzip the file, copy the executable to the folder where PWP is installed and run PWP normally. Please let me know what it displays when you click the x to close the input image thumbnail.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

I seem to get the same behaviour even if I use Close the current image and all the images that depend on it.
To make it clear:

I open an image,
start a transformation,
click the x icon on the input image,
click the "Close the current image and all the images that depend on it",
click OK in the dialog -> I get the message Error: Illegal input image type.

however
With Bilateral Sharpen I do not get that error massage, but instead, the input image name remaines visible up in the empty image area.
With Advanced Sharpen I get title like "4 - Advanced Sharpen etc" visible up in the empty image area.
With Difference I just get "Error" visible up in the empty image area.
With Median Blur click on OK in the dialog does not close it. If I close it using x, I get the input image name visible up in the empty image area.

To sum it up, at least on PC both closing buttons behave similarily.
They close input and output thumbnails, leave the transformation dialog open, and after clicking OK, close the dialog, and leave variable information.
The visible difference is that "Close the current image" leaves the output image open in the image area,
while "Close the current image and all the images that depend on it" does not, it removes also the output image from the image area.
davidh

Post by davidh »

current image = image name
ARGB print.tif, is_top_level = Yes,# downstream images= 0
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, thanks.

# downstream images is supposed to be 1, so the program mistakenly thinks the input image has no images below it, even though it does. Let me see if I can narrow down the problem a little more.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

Win7 64 bit sp1