Workflow problem with RAW and Selected Images

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Workflow problem with RAW and Selected Images

Post by tomczak »

Here is a recipe to crash PWP - could others try it?

1) Make a workflow consisting of RAW and, e.g., Sharpen widget and dump 2-3 RAW files into Workflow window
2) In Workflow Window, choose 'Selected Images' and select one RAW
3) Adjust RAW and Sharpen widget using this image
4) Select another image, click on Sharpen widget --> the RAW dialog opens (Apply button is not grayed), click OK --> image window opens. Workflow window can not be closed ('Operation in progress - Complete image operation before closing window' message box appears).

Cheers
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
MikeG
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic G1

Re: Workflow problem with RAW and Selected Images

Post by MikeG »

Maciej,

I followed the steps that you described, and got the result that you described.

Then I tried this variation.
After starting a workflow, dumping in 3 RAW images, adding RAW and sharpen widgets, I also added the output widget.

Followed your procedure of choosing Selected images only and on one selected image clicked the RAW widget and in due course OK, the sharpen widget and Ok THEN the output widget and OK.

Carried on with your procedure and had no difficult shutting down the workflow.

Did this a couple of times.

Mike.
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

I still get PWP6 crashing, with the same error message, during the execution of the workflow. This time there were no RAW images, just JPGs, and there is an Save widget in the workflow. Several widgets had breakpoints on them. I'm not sure yet how to reproduce it reliably, but I'll report if I figure out how.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

I'm not yet sure if this always causes the crash, but it seems that hitting the Enter button when a breakpointed widget control is in focus, closes this window, but do not invoke the next widget - hence the crash... Could people check if I'm dreaming?

Cheers!
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Just to add: while I didn't have to hit the Enter button, and thereby cause the crash, in a workflow with several breakpoints, the idea was that hitting it will speed up going through break-pointed widgets that I wanted to skip (i.e. not to adjust), since the OK buttons in widget control windows are in different locations on the screen and fishing for them with the mouse pointer takes longer.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com