save as : no correct icc profile saved?

Moderator: jsachs

alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

save as : no correct icc profile saved?

Post by alain »

Hi

Today I had two times where a "saved as" didn't save a usable icc-profile (usable as in "not used the next time pwp 6.0 opened the file and not used by idImager).
last 64-bit pwp 6.0, 16 bit tiff "zipped" and icc profile was "kodak prophoto".
The icc-profile was certainly used when editting before the "save as".

Reopnening a, changing only the icc-profile with the color transformation and doing a "save" solved the problem.

I did make a new screen icc profile today, maybe that has something to do with it.

BTW. I do remember something similar from a long time ago (pwp 5 for sure) .
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: save as : no correct icc profile saved?

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Alain,

What profile did it show as Current Color Profile in Change Color Profile ?
If it was none, you probably did not convert it correctly to the working color space when opening.

Edit / Addendum
You can check the profile a image is in by right click in it and select Properties, it shows the profile the image is in.
Dieter Mayr
alain

Post by alain »

Dieter Mayr wrote:Alain,

What profile did it show as Current Color Profile in Change Color Profile ?
If it was none, you probably did not convert it correctly to the working color space when opening.

Edit / Addendum
You can check the profile a image is in by right click in it and select Properties, it shows the profile the image is in.
Hi

It was none, but the it was saved as from a file that used Kodak prophoto icc-profile. So the icc-profile was either not saved or not good enough to be read again.
I don't need to convert this file when I open it, normally it has the Kodak prophoto embedded and then this will be used.

Alain
Dieter Mayr

Post by Dieter Mayr »

If it was None, the image was not loaded correctly with it's profile. Can be either the embedded profile was corrupted, the settings for importing images in PWP were wrong or the image had mistakenly the profile not embedded (and for sure some reasonsi do not think of, now).
And if the image was not loaded with its profile, it can't of course be saved with the profile.
So you need to search in the loading process, not in saving.
Dieter Mayr
alain

Post by alain »

Dieter Mayr wrote:If it was None, the image was not loaded correctly with it's profile. Can be either the embedded profile was corrupted, the settings for importing images in PWP were wrong or the image had mistakenly the profile not embedded (and for sure some reasonsi do not think of, now).
And if the image was not loaded with its profile, it can't of course be saved with the profile.
So you need to search in the loading process, not in saving.
It had it's icc profile before , then I did a "save as" and after that the new image has lost it icc-profile.
It's not in the loading, but clearly when saving.
2 other applications don't find a profile either.

EDIT : This is cumbersome :
Each time I do an edit I make a new file with "save as" and now I have to reopen that and do an extra "save".
Dieter Mayr

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Alain, just to have it understand correctly:

You open a file with a embedded profile, the file shows the correct profile in Properties and when you edit it and save it with Save As it has lost its profile ?
Would be clearly a bug then, in my humble opinion.
Dieter Mayr
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Please email me a copy of the file (jsachs@dl-c.com) and detailed instructions on how to reproduce the problem and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Jonathan Sachs
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Please email me a copy of the file (jsachs@dl-c.com) and detailed instructions on how to reproduce the problem and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Jonathan Sachs
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color