Double-click and 1:1?

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Double-click and 1:1?

Post by tomczak »

This may be a bit of a frivolous request since right-clicking on the image and choosing the zooming factor or using the Magnifier Tool is not that difficult, but here it is (in the name of saving clicks on something that people probably do a lot of): would it be useful if a double-left-click on an image (or preview window) could toggle the zoom between 1:1 and the present zoom (or fit screen zoom)?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
Dieter Mayr
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D700

Re: Double-click and 1:1?

Post by Dieter Mayr »

Maciej

You can use keyboards *, + and - to zoom in and out, and I think instead of your double click suggestion i would prefer a keyboard solution (hotkeyes).
As most notebooks don't have a numpad (or just to activate with a special key) i think a solution that dont use numpad would be preferable from my point of view.
A very good solution (agian of course just from my opinion) is to use the icons in the toolbar.

(I have to say that when it comes to keyboard shortcut my reference is my CAD- Software that I use for work, it has a fully configurable set of shortcuts, every function can be set to nearly every key, or in combination with Shift / Alt / Ctrl. In my opinion the perfect solution.)
Dieter Mayr
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Dieter,

A non-numpad shortcut for 1:1 toggling would be great, I think. An advantage of double clicking, that I can think of, is the possibility of instantly centering the 1:1 crop at the point that you double-clicked on.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

Post by alain »

tomczak wrote:...
An advantage of double clicking, that I can think of, is the possibility of instantly centering the 1:1 crop at the point that you double-clicked on.
This would be very very nice. Even if the position is used when using the drop down menu. It's annoying to go searching the right location after going to 1:1 (or any other magnification.
alain

Post by alain »

After thinking about it : just zooming in 1 level, with the current position in the center would be even better.
alain

Post by alain »

alain wrote:
An advantage of double clicking, that I can think of, is the possibility of instantly centering the 1:1 crop at the point that you double-clicked on.
This would be very very nice. Even if the position is used when using the drop down menu. It's annoying to go searching the right location after going to 1:1 (or any other magnification.
Just a remainder. Even just centring the current right click "zoom in" would be nice. After going to 1:1 I often have to search the exact location ;-)

Alain
alain

Post by alain »

alain wrote:
alain wrote:
Just a remainder. Even just centring the current right click "zoom in" would be nice. After going to 1:1 I often have to search the exact location ;-)

Alain
Hi

Is this something that's considered? I find lacking this feature (zooming in on current point) one of the more "annoying" things of pwp.

Alain
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

To zoom in on a current point, select the Zoom tool (+- icon in the tool bar) and click on the point in the image you want in the center. Each click increases the magnification.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

While an appealing suggestion, double-click cannot be used because it would interfere with various tools and transformations that intercept clicks on the image window.

In addition to the zoom tool Kiril mentioned there is also the magnifier tool which lets you view part of an image window at 1:1. Unfortunately it does not work on preview windows, but otherwise it should do what you need. Potentially one could create a 1:1 zoom tool similar to the magnifier tool which would toggle between fitting the entire image on the screen and viewing a section of the image at 1:1, but this would still be an extra couple of clicks and thus only marginally better than using the right-click on the
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
alain

Post by alain »

ksinkel wrote:To zoom in on a current point, select the Zoom tool (+- icon in the tool bar) and click on the point in the image you want in the center. Each click increases the magnification.

Kiril
Hi Kiril

Thanks, this works for zooming in with one level. A jump tot 1:1 mode (or even better zoom several steps in one go, I zoom often to 4:1) would be a nice addition and when I'm asking a similar "super zoomout buton". Would save a lot off clicks.

BTW. Took me some time to find the "Zoom tool", it is the +- in a circle ;-) not the seperate + - buttons.