Strange things happening after proofing

Moderator: jsachs

alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

Re: Strange things happening after proofing

Post by alain »

jsachs wrote:Using Preserve Identical Colors and White Point is not a recommended choice for monitor rendering intent. By preserving the white point you will be passing through the white point of the original image. This in turn depends on the profile with which the image is tagged, so if the image uses a profile with a D50 white point and you view it with a monitor profile that has a D65 white point you will introduce a color cast. I recommended always using Maintain Full Gamut for monitor rendering intent.
I always thought that "Maintain Full Gamut" from Kodak Pro Photo to sRGB was actually Preserve Identical Colors + BPC. I screwed up with terminology, most applications and books use perceptual and Relative Colorimetric. (including
http://ftp2.bmtmicro.com/dlc/Color%20Ma ... 0Terms.pdf)
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Granted PWP does not conform to the standard terminology, but the meanings of the standard intents are not at all self-evident.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
alain

Post by alain »

jsachs wrote:Granted PWP does not conform to the standard terminology, but the meanings of the standard intents are not at all self-evident.
Indeed.
alain

Post by alain »

alain wrote:
a) pwp or lcms is doing something different after hitting the proofing button while running. Which is correct?
While the problem is solved for me, I think it's wise not to forget the strange behaviour. Off course not urgent.