Reload Last Settings

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Reload Last Settings

Post by Marpel »

I have a number of images, all of which I wish to have the same Dynamic Range.

I thought I could use Levels and Color, first opening the image whose DR I wished to copy, press OK without making any change, then open each image after that and Reload Last Settings, thinking each time the DR settings from the first image would be loaded. However, this does not seem to be the case as the DR does not change. But, if I initially physically change the DR slider by even a wee bit, Reload works as expected.

Is this supposed to work this way?

Marv
jsachs

Re: Reload Last Settings

Post by jsachs »

Applying DR settings from one image to another is a little tricky since each image has its own black and white point.

There is a setting in Levels and Color that controls what happens when you apply the transformation to a new image, Dynamic Range, which can be set to Reset, Custom or Full.

If it is Reset, then the dynamic range markers will be aligned with their tic marks and no DR change will be made to the image.

If it is Full, then the dynamic range markers will be moved to the ends of the range.

If it is Custom, then the dynamic range markers will be set to their previous positions.

This setting defaults to Reset but changes automatically to Custom if you drag either of the DR markers, which is what you are seeing. Manually changing Dynamic Range to Custom will make it work the way you want.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color