Update Available - Version 8.0.323

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Update Available - Version 8.0.323

Post by jsachs »

An update is available to Version 8.0.323 (12-Oct-2022)
Download Link: https://www.dl-c.com/Downloads.html

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Linear Gradient Transformation: changed the default Type to Skew. Holding down the shift key while dragging the first or last control point now forces the gradient to be horizontal or vertical, whichever it is closest to, regardless of the current Type setting.

Card to Folder command: added an option to verify each file copy by comparing the original file to the copy. Also added an option to delete the DCIM folder on the camera card after all the files have been copied. This is faster and simpler than reformatting the card and leaves the camera's database files intact. Files are not deleted if there was any error while copying. A warning is issued if only some of the files were copied.

Mask freehand tool: modified to restrict drawing to the rectangle currently occupied by the input image.

Added support for Topaz Photo AI plug-in.

When synchronized scrolling of a split screen display is enabled, both zoom tool bars are now enabled and you can use either one to zoom both halves of the split screen. Scroll bars are now displayed for both the input and output image and the two sets of scroll bars both scroll both halves of the split screen. Also fixed problems with the output image scroll bars when synchronized scrolling was turned off.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
johnp
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 90D

Re: Update Available - Version 8.0.323

Post by johnp »

Jonathon -

I notice a cryptic line "Added support for Topaz Photo AI plug-in."

Do you have any info on this? It sounds intriguing.

Thanks!

John P
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
johnp
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 90D

Post by johnp »

It sounds intriguing. I assume you've tried it an are impressed?

Thanks!

John P
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I use Topaz Denoise AI regularly and Sharpen AI occasionally and have some of the other plug-ins. I have only used Photo AI once or twice and did not seem to get as a good a result as using Denoise AI, but I have not really used it enough to pass judgement.

While the results from the various AI algorithms can be quite amazing, be aware that the various AI plugins can generate artifacts in some cases. One interesting post I saw a while ago on another forum gave an example of Sharpen AI applied to a photo of books in a bookcase. When you zoomed in on one of the book bindings, you could see that it was indeed sharper that the original but that the texture clearly came from some other fabric texture that it was trained on.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color