New Picture Window Pro Update

Moderator: jsachs

ksinkel

New Picture Window Pro Update

Post by ksinkel »

Picture Window Pro 5.0.1.7 is now available for download.

PWP 5.0.1.7 updates the raw converter to support recently introduced cameras. It also adds support for the .rwl raw file type used by some Leica cameras.

A new transformation that reassigns RGB channels has been added. The motivation for this transformation is to support infrared cameras which produce false-color files. With this transformation you can juggle the RGB channels for the best creative effect. It is located under Transformation/Color/Reassign Channels.

You can download the new version from http://dl-c.com/content/view/23/54/

Kiril

Website
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
keithrj
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 40D

Re: New Picture Window Pro Update

Post by keithrj »

I like this new transformation but I have a suggestion to improve it.

While making changes I notice that no colour channel will be used more than once. This means you cannot assign the same channel data to two different channels. Can I suggest you have a check box to allow you do do this? Something like "Allow multiple channel assigns"
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Keith,

Well it's a thought. However the really unrestricted way to reassign channels is to use Extract Channel followed by Combine Channels. This pair of transformations gives you pretty much anything you want. You can edit individual channels between the extract and combine steps, and combine them in any way you like including mapping them redundantly or mapping RGB to HSV and the like.

In contrast the Reassign Channel transformation is meant to be simple to use so that a particular routine task can be done easily and with little chance of error.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Would it make sense at all to combine Extract Channels, Combine Channels, Reassign Channel, and the amount sliders from the Monochrome/Channel Mixer into one transformation, if technically feasible? The inspiration comes from the Levels and Color: arguably, each individual adjustment could have been a separate transformation, but even though there is nothing in the Levels and Color that couldn't be done by combination of other transformations, it's quite useful to have commonly used adjustments all in one place.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com