RE : Download of 5.0 Manual hangs the PC

Moderator: jsachs

papadugg

RE : Download of 5.0 Manual hangs the PC

Post by papadugg »

Hi

Trying to download the 5.0 manual but it either hangs just short of a complete download or after (supposedly) getting the complete PDF file. Have to use Process Manager to get out. This has happened six times. Is a puzzlement.

Dugg
ksinkel

Re: RE : Download of 5.0 Manual hangs the PC

Post by ksinkel »

I just retried the download. It loaded in 23 seconds over my fiber-optic line. If you continue to have a problem, try changing some parameter -- such as use a different browser, bypassing your wi fi with a cable connection, or if you have the access, a different machine or network. Also please remember that all the downloads are available on the Picture Window CD.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
papadugg

Post by papadugg »

Hi

Was able to download using IE rather than Firefox (don't know what the browser's problem was). Decided not to subscribe to cable or buy a new machine - saved myself some $$. Reading the manual is a better and more comprehensive intro to PW5 than brief summaries on the site. Better to check before buying rather than getting the manual on the CD after the fact, I guess. Wish I had a fiber optic line!

Peace
Dugg
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Dugg,

There are at least two other reach sources of information that you can use to learn/evaluate PWP:

- The PWP Help (which you should have if you downloaded the trial version of PWP)

- In addition to this forum, there are two older forums that you can find here:

http://www.dl-c.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5

Many discussions, should be still relevant to PWP5.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com